Saturday, May 7, 2022

I'm A Teacher And I'm Sending My Own Kids To Screen-Free Schools

FULL  ARTICLE  HERE:

BEST  PARAGRAPH:
"It makes sense, then, that in my experience, there’s a strong correlation between students’ academic performance and the time they spend on their phones. My top students use their smartphones like tools (or to challenge me at Wordle), not as crutches. And most of them have hobbies, play sports, and enjoy fulfilling relationships. They are well-adjusted and mature, everything one would want in a young adult.

Without exception, the students who struggle are all addicted to screens. They can’t pay attention or retain any information, and they are often restless even when they have their phones. Many have to repeat classes and regularly retake state standardized tests. Remediating them is difficult because they progress so slowly, forever bewitched by their screens."