Monday, March 28, 2022

3 for the price of 1: (1) What the does Ye Editor actually do? (2) His two cents on Covid statistics, and (3) His Covid meme collection

I start each day trying to find three dozen articles to read, based on their titles and first paragraphs, or my prior experience with that author. One out of three will be rejected before I finish reading them -- either old news, or the article was not persuasive. That leaves two dozen articles to read, which I enjoy --  I'm an information seeker. After retiring at age 51 in January 2005, I have 100% spare time. Every day is like a Saturday.  I spend an hour or two each day reformatting articles, and trying to revise any charts so they are easier to read, before sharing the best 9 to 12 articles with others through my three blogs.  Maybe editing for a few hours a day is real work?

I often change the title of articles published on my blogs to better summarize the article. Sometimes I use a line from the article as a new title. I did that for the next article. I know some visitors will only read the title, and then move on to the next article. The original title of the next  article was "How the Pandemic Was Fabricated". But the article actually explained how the Covid 19 pandemic was exaggerated, not fabricated.  

I know some editors change titles as "click bait", but I try to avoid inaccurate titles, whether they were created by the author, or an editor. With all the reading I do, nothing annoys me more than an article that does not support the title of the article. Many writers love assertions, conclusions and predictions. Ye Editor loves data and logic that support conclusions. All predictions are deleted unless they are very near term. Predictions of the future are too inaccurate to waste time reading them.   

It would not surprise me if claimed Covid hospitalizations and deaths were double of reality. Of course even if the official numbers were cut in half, Covid is much more dangerous than a typical influenza infection. Omicron, a coronavirus common cold, is no more dangerous than any other common cold.  It is NOT a Covid variant.

There have already been surveys (such as of New York City hospitals) showing about half of Covid hospitalizations were actually hospitalizations for other problems, with Covid infections discovered at the hospital with an inaccurate PCR test.  If there were any Covid-like respiratory symptoms, they were NOT what sent the "Covid" patient to the hospital.

With Covid deaths, the huge number of nursing home deaths in 2020 were mainly deaths WITH Covid, but were counted as deaths FROM Covid.  In the past, a nursing home patient who got an influenza infection, and died, would have had influenza listed as a contributory factor for the death, if even listed on the death certificate. But NOT the cause of death. Covid was listed as the cause of death whenever possible. Covid death counts were further confused by counting any death in the 28 days after a positive PCR test as a Covid death. Even if the death was after a car accident.  That's baloney, not accuracy.
Ye Editor

 And now for my Covid related meme collection,  to put you in a good mood: