Monday, December 27, 2021

Greatest Quotes of the Year

This time of each year I start my decision process to select the "Climate Buffoon of the Year" for my climate science and energy blog.  The winner is someone who made a ridiculous climate change claim(s). That includes lots of people.  But the winner has to be a famous person, who is credible, and his or her statement(s) also got plenty of mass media attention.

Donald Trump was once in the running for his Tweet that climate change was a hoax created by the Chinese. He didn't win only because no one took him seriously.

This year I had to disqualify Joe Biden because he's not credible on any subject. But I had to admire the jokester who ended a phone call with Joe by saying "Let's Go Brandon":, to which clueless Joe replied: "Let's Go Brando.  I Agree"

VP Kamala Harris is also disqualified because of general incompetence on the job. She is a dingbat. She recently claimed the greatest threat to the US was our democracy and climate change. No one takes her climate change claims seriously.  Some of her "best" quotes start with gales of laughter, followed by a word salad.

Greta Thunberg is taken seriously on climate change, although I don't know why. But all her climate scaremongering was offset by the best climate quote of 2021, when she described the last Climate Party, COP26, as "Blah, Bah, Blah".

So my Climate Buffoon search continues, with John Kerry in the lead so far. 

Ye Editor